£ Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of Leidos, Leidos Security Detection & Automation is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you’ll be specifically involved with developing our MachSecure® suite of products that is aimed at the port security sector, with particular focus on airports. This is a new greenfield project that will encompass a full system architecture from data modelling/database design, through SOA, to end client systems.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Maintaining and ensuring continuous improvement” of existing products,
- Support the development of Mach-Secure Business Information System (MSBI).
- As the client side to new MSBI system will be heavily browser based, you’ll provide some web development resource to work alongside current developers to deliver fresh and dynamic interfaces to our customers, such as dashboards, monitors and real time KPIs
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a computing/developer discipline you’ll already have expert knowledge and experience working as a software developer covering a broad suite of computer programmes and languages.
You’ll be a self-starter who enjoys autonomy and can work with minimal supervision, take responsibility for your work and be familiar with the full lifecycle of software-based solutions to support the company’s product range. Additionally, you’ll be/have
- Fully experienced in primarily developing web-based intranet applications
- Knowledge of self-hosting services, messaging, a general understanding of enterprise IT and networks and exposure to SCRUM/Agile methodologies would be an advantage, but not essential
- C# (.NET framework 4 or newer)
- A strong background in developing web applications in an intranet-based environment
- Angular4, REST, SignalR, CSS,HTML5, Visual Studio & TFS
- Additional knowledge of the following would be advantageous: Microsoft SQL Server (writing and optimizing SQL queries) SOA exposure (pref. Micro Services) Messaging, WCF
Although the role is to be based from our Luton hub, the successful candidate will be required to regularly travel to other locations within the UK and international, therefore a valid passport and full driving licence is mandatory.
Leidos Security Detection & Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity