£Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of Leidos, Leidos Security Detection & Automation is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a Qualified Electrical Technician to join our Electrical Installations team at our highly successful Luton operations hub.
Reporting to the Installations Manager, you’ll be supporting on site electrical and automation installations projects for our highly valued aviation clients.
Key responsibilities include
- Providing relevant electrical support and relevant supervision of projects
- The ability to fault find electrical control circuits to component level
- Test LV electrical power and control cables
- Carry out control panel wiring and make wiring modifications to control circuitsProgramming of control devices such as motor drives and safety scanners
- Develop test procedures and documentation
- You’ll have a working Knowledge of PLC controlled systems, as well as a basic understanding of pneumatic control systems combined with:
- A City and Guilds or equivalent electrical qualification
- Experience in an on-site installation electrical role
- Be PC literate with the ability to use Microsoft PC programs
- Have a strong understanding and experience of electrical and automated control systems
- Self-motivated with proactive approach to situations
In addition, you will need to be a good communicator and team player with proactive “can do” attitude and willing traveller who is able to self-prioritise their workload to suit project demands. A full UK/EU driving licence is essential.
Leidos Security Detection & Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity